Skip to main content

Now That The Samsung S8 Is Here

The Samsung S8 has now being unveiled and is subsequently being released into the general market at a starting price of $720 or N270,000... whew! Maybe chicken change to some people, but in a country whose minimum wage is $48 or N18,000, this is huge.
Why am I delving into all these figures this hot afternoon? It’s because I'm simply pissed at the greed and insatiable thirst of many Nigerians to spend money that most of them don’t even have, these ones give a demeanor of tech savviness, this has also being proven to be a fake majority of the time. The ills being perpetuated in our society today because of these ever-evolving craze for material things is now a cause for concern, from ladies sleeping around with their grandfather's agemates to young men joining armed robbery gangs to perpetrate mind-boggling crimes…… but all this craze for what please? So the clique will see them as the coolest or most fly dude/chic around? So the social status will be upgraded? I just laugh in Swahili…… who cares what phone the next person is even using, how does it change the price of a cup of gari, please?
The very annoying thing about all this fake lifestyle is that most of this folks won't even utilize 20% of the capacity of these phones. When I see some of these peeps trying to wade there way through all the new functions and upgrades it seems more like a chore than anything else, they eventually end up settling for the everyday functions that a phone of N30,000 can carry out… Just Sad.
But then I feel there are underlying factors to this sort of wasteful behavior, I feel some of them include but not limited to – 1. Low Self-esteem 2. Lack of focus 3. Access to cash not rightfully earned and 4. Misplacement of priorities among a host of others.

I believe there needs to be an attitudinal shift in the psyche of both young and old, to help rid this nation of excessive demand for imported products, help reduce the frequency and rampancy of social vices and finally to help steer our youth to spending their resources on career building and development. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coding; The Most Important Skill In The World.

In my job as a business development manager I often come across female clients who I ask a simple question, what do you want to do? And the answers are eerily always similar, its always a business related to fashion, beauty or food. I used to get very excited until it got monotonous to be running development processes for only businesses in these segment of the private sector. Sincerely these industry is getting choked, almost every household now has a “professional” makeup artist, fashionista or food merchant of some sort, these sub sectors are important, but they lay at the bottom of the food chain of human development, food, clothing, and beauty have being in existence since adam in various shades and form, so they are really nothing new or totally innovative about these basics and that’s why these services are being watered down and under priced as the day goes by, the supply of these services are now becoming more than the demand. There was a time when a makeup artist co...

We Need A New Thinking On Nutrition and Fitness

Over time, The Typical Nigerian Family Has Paid No Significant Value On Eating Right And Engaging In Activities That Encourage Fitness... Little Wonder Our Life Expectancy Rate Is So Low (53yrs) 2015 est. This is mostly due to on-set of a plethora of diseases from the mid 30's up. This blog is created to change this mindset of people having just a passing interest in eating right and keeping fit... this journey will be a very interesting one. Ejiga

When Men Cheat Because She Became Overweight

Hi, Folks.... Don't Get Me Wrong, My Topic May Seem A Bit Overboard, But It;s Really Not. Yes, A Couple In A Committed Relationship Are Supposed To Stick With Each Other No Matter What, They Are Meant To Go Through The "Thick and Thin" No Matter What - Yea? Ok o, Sounds Romantic But Then They Is Wishful Thinking,, And Theys Reality On The Other End. No Sane Human Will Choose A Broken Down 1988 Volkswagen Over A 2017 Range Rover Sport... I Think. I Might Be Wrong, But I'm Pretty Sure A Lot Of Folks Will Go For The Later. How Does This Relate To Relationships? Truth Is A Lot Of Couples, Male Or Female Let Go Of Their Physical Appearance After A Couple Of Years In Marriage.  They are These Feeling Of "I'm Already Here, Why Stress Myself To Work Out, Or Look Sexy?. Well, That's An Error. Cause They are Somethings You Did That Got The Interest Of The Other Party In The First Place And Now You'Ve Neglected It And Still Want The Level of Passion and Chem...